Expanse Learning works with the Local Authority Inclusion and Disability Support Service (IDSS) in the provision and support of specialist equipment, to minimise barriers to learning for those with a range of accessibility requirements.
Facilities at Expanse Learning are accessible to all, lifts are available for those who have limited mobility or are wheelchair users. Learners who require additional support to evacuate the building will be given ‘A Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan’ (PEEP).
- Parking is available and is free of charge for learners with a Blue Badge.
- The corridors, classrooms, kitchens, car parks and footpaths around the sites are constructed to enable accessibility for wheelchair users.
- The Centres have accessible toilet facilities
- Fully equipped Hygiene Suite available.
- The college is also equipped with specific first aid restrooms, kitchens and classrooms with adjustable chairs, rise and fall tables, beds, ergo-toilets and variable height washbasins and ceiling hoists.
- For learners with sensory impairments, there are hearing loops in a number of areas. Visual beacons are situated in the buildings and alerts for emergency evacuation. All emergency signs use symbols, pictures and graphics.