The Launchpad Centre works with the Local Authority Inclusion and Disability Support Service (IDSS) in the provision and support of specialist equipment, to minimise barriers to learning for those with a range of accessibility requirements.
Facilities at The Launchpad Centre are accessible to all, lifts are available for those who have limited mobility or are wheelchair users. The centre also has additional fire proofing for wheelchair users who are waiting for the lift if the need to evacuate arises. Learners who require additional support to evacuate the building will be given ‘A Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan’ (PEEP).
- Parking is available and is free of charge with 20 accessible parking bays for learners with a Blue Badge.
- The corridors, classrooms, kitchens, car parks and footpaths around the site are constructed to enable accessibility for wheelchair users.
- The Centre has accessible toilet facilities, which have been designed to ensure that they meet the needs of all users. Toilets are positioned to allow transfers from either side.
- A fully equipped Hygiene Suite is also located at the centre providing a range of assistive equipment.
- The Launchpad Centre is equipped with specific first aid rest rooms, kitchens and classrooms with adjustable chairs, rise and fall tables, beds, ergo-toilets and variable height washbasins and ceiling hoists.
- For learners with sensory impairments, there are hearing loops in a number of areas. Visual beacons are situated in the building as alerts for emergency evacuation. All emergency signs use symbols, pictures and graphics.