Free School/College Meals
Eligible learners, 16-25 years old on SEND Launchpad Programmes can benefit from the ‘Free Launchpad Meals’ initiative! The scheme, worth £2.60 per day, will provide a meal from the Centre or funds towards purchasing this externally. The ability to purchase a meal while off Centre premises on any mandatory placement will also be covered under this scheme.
16-18 years olds
To qualify, either the student or the parent of the student will need to be in receipt of:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of the State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit - aid for 4 weeks until you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit – Universal Credit
19-25 year olds
This age category can also benefit from this scheme if:
- You have a Learning Difficulty Assessment
- Educational Health Care Plan
For more information on how to apply for Free Meals please complete the form below:
Please note: If you qualify for free Meals you may be eligible for a full 16-19 & 19-25 Bursary award. Terms and conditions apply
General Catering information
All learners can get a FREE breakfast on days they are timetabled to attend between 8:45 – 9:20am Monday – Friday during term time.
Learners may bring a packed lunch that can be eaten without the need of re-heating unless agreed as part of a care and support plan.
Terms and conditions apply, to find out more please click Here