Expanse offers a range of opportunities for individuals to take part in residential breaks. We are proud to work with the Calvert Trust who provide these residential breaks and activities for Expanse.
Our Residential team at Expanse are made up of experienced and well qualified staff and work alongside the Calvert Trust team to ensure individuals are fully supported in a safe environment. Calvert Trust has adapted equipment and experienced staff in a fantastic location - the Lake District National Park.
Everything is included, we even provide your transport!
Why do Expanse work with Calvert Trust?
- Enjoy fantastic home cooked food for the duration of your stay, special dietary requirements are no problem.
- Accommodation is comfortable and accessible, every room has an ensuite wetroom.
- All of the activities are also accessible; they use specialist, adapted equipment and expert, experienced staff to make the most of the natural beauty of the Lake District National Park. Their custom built, on site facilities offer a range of nearby and wet weather activities.
- They have a state-of-the-art water centre, a sensory hydrotherapy pool with music, lighting, bubbles, and a sauna.
- With a fleet of accessible minibuses are the perfect way to get around once you have arrived at the centre.
Why not have a look at what we get up too.
The cost of these breaks varies dependent upon staffing ratios, grants and bursary available. A list of residential and trips are available on the ‘events calendar’.
By focusing on challenging disability through outdoor adventure, our residential breaks are not just about fun, it’s about developing personal skills that can be taken into everyday life, including:
- Building self-confidence
- Gaining independence
- Making new friends
- Acquiring new hobbies and skills.
Each visit provides the opportunity to try something new in a safe and caring environment. By pushing these boundaries with the support of their instructors, learners feel more comfortable about trying new things at home.
Expanse also offer a range of day trip and short breaks across the UK. To find out more take a look at the events calendar.
If you are interested in Residential Breaks with Expanse or any of our day trips/short breaks please contact our Residential Lead
Transition and Progress Officer