Travel training provides tailored and practical help in travelling by public transport, on foot or by bicycle. Our Travel training aims to help people travel independently and without fear to work, to other key services, or simply for leisure. The term travel training is used to refer to any kind activity of this nature, and can take many different forms at Launchpad Centres. They involve practical hands-on activities involving accompanied journeys, as well as some classroom based tuition.
The training is predominantly aimed at people who are less able or less inclined to travel independently. This includes (but is not limited to) people with reduced mobility, learning difficulties, young inexperienced travellers. Our team work with other teams in the assessment, delivery and development of these skills. For more information, please contact us.
What are the benefits of travel training?
The benefits of travel training go far beyond the remit of transportation, as the positive impacts are far reaching and lifelong. The beneficiaries of travel training include:
- Increased opportunity to participate in social and leisure activities, and generally broadened horizons.
- Improvement to general health and well-being, improved quality of life.
- Reduced likelihood of developing behavioural problems.
- Enhanced educational performance.
- Increased opportunity to access healthcare services.
- Increased opportunity and likelihood of entering employment or education.